Friday, February 22, 2013

Do Not Fear - I Am Always With You

Barn and bright tree


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4


For such is God, 
Our God forever and ever; 
He will guide us until death. 
Psalm 48:14



Do not fear, for I am with you; 
do not be afraid, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you; I will help you; 
I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10



In a pastoral community the “shepherd” would be recognized as one who serves as a leader, companion, guide, and provider. The shepherd used the “rod” as a weapon of defense to drive off beasts of prey it provides protection. The “staff” to lean upon as well as to guide straying sheep and thereby provides guidance.

God chose the Israelites to represent Him to the world. The Israelites failed in this task. Today the believers in Christ are commanded to represent God to the world. Christians are to spread the gospel – the good news. God has established a relationship with  those who belong to Him. We need not fear God is with us. If Christ is your Savior: God will strengthen you, help and guide you.  He will hold you with His right hand. Dear Christian do not fear, God will be with you in all circumstances now and forever. He will guide you until death, and you will dwell with him forever. Through Christ we have victory over sin and death.
_______


We must, in the shadow of death, have forced ourselves not to look back to the past, but to seek in utter darkness the dawn of God.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
_______


A soldier who had been through a long campaign once declared the order to “close up the ranks” drove away from him all sickening fear in entering on the battle, for the touch of other men at his elbows made him feel he was one of a vast host, and thus the sense of individual peril was forgotten. Christ’s “Fear thou not, for I am with thee”, is just such an elbow-touch to our souls; and we reply, “I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment