Saturday, May 9, 2009

Who

portulaca

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Isaiah 6:8 NIV



WOW!  What commitment and zeal from Isaiah.  Hear I am - I'll do it.  Send me.  Through the ages and still continuing today a multitude of missionaries have also exhibited the same zeal.  When called by Him to serve in that capacity they have enthusiastically taken up the call. 

Here are some prayers of those called to the mission field:
GEORGE WHITEFIELD, famous English evangelist, said, "O Lord, give me souls, or take my soul."
DAVID BRAINERD, missionary to the North American Indians, 1718-1747, declared, "Lord to thee I dedicate myself. Oh, accept of me, and let me be Thine forever. Lord, I desire nothing else; I desire nothing more."
THOMAS À KEMPIS, 1349-1471, said, "Give what Thou wilt, and when Thou wilt. See me where Thou wilt, and deal with me in all things as Thou wilt."
JOHN MCKENZIE prayed as a young missionary candidate as he knelt on the banks of the Lossie: "O, Lord, send me to the darkest spot on earth."
MOTHER TERESA of Calcutta, "Do you want my hands, Lord, to spend the day helping the sick and the poor who need them Lord? Lord, today I give you my hands."


HENRY MARTYN, missionary, cried as he knelt on India's coral strands, "Here let me burn out for God."


No comments:

Post a Comment